Friday, April 24, 2015

Frederic Merrill's Letter to Ma, 1937

Pup on the steps of 2047 East 54th St., Brooklyn


Have you found any letters written by your parents or grandparents or even by your more distant ancestors? My forebears either were not letter-writers or their letters have been lost or destroyed. Amongst my family artifacts, I have only one letter, a letter written by my grandfather to his mother in 1937.

I forgot that I had this letter. It was sent to me by a cousin several years ago, at a time when I was busy caring for my mother or otherwise focused on enjoying our newly arrived grandchildren. The note from my cousin, with the letter, got put into a stack to deal with later. And later finally came.

Today, I rediscovered the letter For his several hundred descendants, here it is:




© 2015, Cathy H Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment