Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Kathryn (Munson) Toscano (1960 - 2010)


After Apple Picking
by Robert Frost

My long two-pointed ladder's sticking through a tree
Toward heaven still.
And there's a barrel that I didn't fill
Beside it, and there may be two or three
Apples I didn't pick upon some bough.
But I am done with apple-picking now. 


On Saturday, March 20th, my first cousin once removed, Kathryn (Munson) Toscano, passed away. Separated by the breadth of the country and a generation, our paths crossed only once or twice.  Yet, I feel especially sad to say goodbye to Kathie, as she is from a younger generation and has left us much too soon.

I began today's post with words from Robert Frost.  Robert Frost is the sixth great-grandson of Nicholas Noyes (1615-1701) of Wiltshire, England, and Newbury, Massachusetts.  Kathie is the ninth great-granddaughter of Nicholas Noyes.*

*ancestry.com, One World Tree, viewed on March 24, 2010.

© 2010, Cathy H Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment